Divi Builder is a powerful and versatile page builder that allows users to create stunning and dynamic websites without needing to have any coding knowledge. With its user-friendly interface, drag-and-drop functionality, and wide range of pre-designed modules and templates, Divi Builder makes website building accessible to everyone.
- Easy to use and intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Wide range of pre-made templates and layouts
- Global elements and website-wide design settings
- WooCommerce builder for customizing product pages and checkout pages
- Contact form building
- Theme builder for designing website templates
- Regular updates and customer support
- May cause slow page load times if not optimized properly
- Can be overwhelming for beginners due to its large number of features
- Some advanced design customizations may require knowledge of CSS or HTML
Divi, a premium product of Elegant Themes, has become one of the most popular WordPress themes in recent years. This success can be attributed to its user-friendly interface, versatility, and powerful features.
At the heart of the Divi theme is the Divi Builder plugin, which allows users to create stunning web pages with ease. To use the Divi Builder, however, you’ll need to purchase the Divi theme and upload the Divi Builder plugin.
Whether you’re using the Divi theme or another WordPress theme, the Divi Builder plugin seamlessly integrates and provides a wide range of customization options. With so many page builders available, is the Divi Builder worth the investment of your time and money?
In this Divi review, we’ll take a closer look at its features, functionality, and performance to help you make an informed decision about whether or not to purchase the theme to access its page builder.
Divi Review: What Makes It Stand Out?
As one of the best page builders for WordPress, Divi Builder offers a wide range of features and functionalities that set it apart from other page builders on the market.
In this section, we’ll explore the key features that make Divi Builder stand out, including its user-friendly interface, ready-to-use templates, integration with other popular plugins, loading speed and performance, responsiveness, updates, and other important features you need to know.
By the end of this section, you’ll have a better understanding of what Divi Builder has to offer and how it can help you streamline your web design process.
Your WordPress site deserves a better host
The Divi Builder interface is designed to be user-friendly, with icons and tools that allow for easy customization of your page.
The editing panel is located at the bottom of the builder interface, and it contains icons for various tools and settings.
The left side of the editing panel contains icons:
- Builder settings: This icon contains various customization options for the Divi Builder, including the default view mode, default interaction mode, history state interval, and page creation flow.
- Wireframe view: This icon allows you to transform the Visual Builder into a block-based editor similar to the standard Divi Builder, enabling you to make quick updates to your page and switch back and forth between different view modes instantly.
- Zoom out and zoom in: These icons enable you to adjust the scale of your page layout.
- Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile View: These icons allow you to instantly preview your design in the modes of the various devices mentioned, helping you to ensure that your page looks good across different screen sizes.
In the middle of the editing panel:
- Load from the library: This icon enables you to load pre-made layouts into your page, providing a great way to jump-start your new page.
- Save to library: This icon allows you to save your page to the library for reuse, making it easier to maintain consistency across your website.
- Clear layout: This icon clears the page you are working on, enabling you to start fresh if needed.
- Open and close: This icon toggles the editing panel.
- Page settings: This icon contains settings such as the page title, excerpt, featured image, background setting, spacing, text, and more.
- Editing history: This icon enables you to navigate backward and forwards through time to any point during your current editing session, where you can undo and redo, or restore recent changes.
- Portability: This icon allows you to import and export the page’s contents, making it easy to share your work with others.
On the right side of the editing panel:
- Search: This icon enables you to search for specific content elements or modules within your page.
- Layers: This icon displays a hierarchical view of the different content elements and modules on your page, making it easy to navigate and select specific elements.
- Divi Builder Helper: This icon provides access to the Divi Builder Helper, which provides helpful tips and suggestions for working with the Divi Builder.
- Save: This icon saves your changes and updates your page.
On the design page itself:
- Add New Section: This icon allows you to start adding new content to your page. The Divi Builder organizes content using sections, rows, and modules. Sections are the largest organizational element and can be either regular, specialty, or full-width. Every section contains one or more rows of columns, and you can choose between various column layouts for each row you add to your page.
- Modules: These are basic content elements that can be added to your page, such as images, videos, text, and buttons. The Divi Builder comes with over 40 different content elements to choose from, and every module can be dragged and dropped anywhere on the page, giving you full control over your page layout. Modules can be easily dragged and dropped anywhere on the page.
The Divi Builder interface is well-designed and offers a wide range of customization options for building your website.
Ready-to-Use, Professionally Designed Layouts
One of the most impressive features of Divi Builder is its vast library of free, professionally designed layout packs.
With over 300 layout packs to choose from, Divi provides a variety of options to help you find the perfect design for your website.
These layouts cover a wide range of niches and industries, including:
- Art and Design
- Community and non-profit
- Fashion and beauty
- Food and Drink
- Health and Fitness
- Online Store
This makes Divi Builder an excellent choice for web designers looking to create a website quickly without writing any code.
You can access and import pre-made layouts directly from the Divi Builder when creating or editing a page, making it incredibly easy to get started with your website design.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned web designer, Divi’s pre-made layouts are a great starting point for creating a beautiful and functional website.
Integration with Other Popular Plugins
Integrating a page builder with popular plugins and tools is essential to enhance website functionality and improve its marketing strategy.
Divi understands the importance of integration and has developed the Divi Builder to seamlessly integrate with various popular WordPress plugins, email marketing tools, social sharing tools, and other online services.
Firstly, Divi Builder integrates with several WordPress plugins, such as:
- Tutor LMS
- Simply Schedule
- Paid Memberships Pro
- MotoPress Hotel & Booking
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Amelia Booking
These integrations ensure that you can use your favorite plugins alongside Divi Builder to enhance the functionality of your website.
Secondly, Divi Builder integrates with various email marketing tools, such as:
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Mad Mimi
- Mailer Lite
This integration makes it easy for website owners to grow their email lists and reach out to subscribers using their preferred email marketing tool.
Thirdly, Divi Builder integrates with social sharing tools such as:
- AOL Mail
- Hacker News
- Yahoo Mail
These integrations make it easy to share content from your website to your social media profiles, which can help drive traffic to your site.
Lastly, Divi Builder integrates with other online tools such as Font Awesome, Google Fonts, Google Maps, and Online Video.
These integrations allow you to add various design elements to your website without any coding.
The Divi Builder’s integration with various plugins and tools makes it a powerful tool for building websites.
Moreover, third-party add-ons created by developers further extend the integration capabilities of the Divi Builder.
Loading Speed and Performance
Loading speed and performance are crucial factors in ensuring a positive user experience and improving search engine optimization (SEO) for a website.
With Divi, users can rest assured that their website will load quickly thanks to its optimized codebase and efficient framework.
Divi’s fully loaded time of 2.6 seconds on mobile, according to a test run by WP Rocket, is an impressive speed result for a page built with a WordPress page builder.
This is made possible through Divi’s lightweight page-building approach, which includes
- A dynamic PHP framework that only loads and processes what’s needed based on the Divi modules, animations, emoji, or icons used on the site.
- Google Fonts are now cached, further improving page loading times.
Divi’s focus on optimizing website loading speed and performance is a major selling point for users who value fast, efficient websites.
By using Divi, users can create visually stunning websites that load quickly and provide a seamless user experience.
With over 58% of website traffic coming from mobile devices, optimizing your website for responsiveness is more important than ever.
Fortunately, Divi is a responsive WordPress page builder that adjusts seamlessly to any screen size, be it desktop, tablet, or mobile device.
Divi Builder makes it easy to build responsive web pages through various features, such as:
- The builder provides you with a desktop, tablet, and mobile view, which makes it easy to view your design on various devices mode and make any changes deemed fit.
- Divi allows you to specify different setting values for each different breakpoint. This level of customization ensures that your website looks great on any device and is accessible to your audience, regardless of their preferred device.
With the increasing number of mobile device users, it’s more important than ever to ensure your website is responsive and accessible to all users.
Keeping a website up-to-date is crucial for its smooth operation and security. That’s why Divi is a great choice for those looking for a page builder that is consistently updated and improved.
The Divi team is dedicated to staying current with the latest WordPress updates, design trends, and user needs, which is reflected in the over 100 updates and releases since its launch in 2013.
The latest update, Divi Cloud Sharing, is an innovative system released on February 16, 2023, that enhances collaboration among team members while building Divi websites.
With Divi Cloud Sharing, users can easily share assets and work together in the cloud to achieve their website goals efficiently. This update shows the team’s dedication to meeting user needs and constantly improving the page builder.
Regular updates ensure that Divi remains a reliable and secure choice for website owners who want a page builder that is up-to-date and responsive to user needs.
You can rest assured that with Divi, they will have access to the latest technology and functionality.
Other Important Features You Need to Know
In addition to the features already mentioned, there are several other important features of Divi Builder that you should know about:
- Drag and Drop Building: This feature makes it easy to build webpages by simply dragging and dropping elements around the page, such as text boxes, images, and buttons. This saves time and makes the process more intuitive.
- Visual Editing: With Divi’s visual editing feature, you can design your web pages in real time and see the result instantly. This makes it easy to make adjustments and fine-tune your designs until they are perfect.
- Custom CSS: Divi allows you to customize your pages with your own CSS, giving you complete control over the design and layout of your website.
- Global Elements and Styles: This feature allows you to manage your entire website’s design using global elements and website-wide design settings. This can save you time and make it easier to maintain a consistent look and feel across your entire site.
- WooCommerce Builder: Divi’s WooCommerce Builder, called WooBuilder, allows you to customize your product pages, checkout pages, and other WooCommerce-related pages. This is especially useful if you are running an online store and want to make sure that your pages are optimized for conversions.
- Background Masks and Patterns: Background masks can be used to mask background images, gradients, or videos to create new shapes. This is a useful feature for creating unique and eye-catching designs.
- Sticky Headers: Sticky headers allow your site’s header to remain visible at all times, even as the user scrolls down the page.
- Multi-Select & Bulk Editing: With Divi, you can press Cmd or Ctrl and click to select multiple elements on the page at once. You can then edit these elements at the same time, which can save you time and make it easier to make changes to your design.
- Search-able Settings: All Divi settings are searchable, making it easy to find the setting you need quickly and easily.
- Contact Form Building: Divi’s contact form builder allows you to create custom form fields to collect any type of information from your visitors. This is useful for collecting leads, feedback, and other types of information.
- Theme Builder: Divi’s theme builder is a website template system that allows you to design your website’s header, footer, product templates, post templates, category pages, 404 pages, and more. This gives you complete control over the design and layout of your entire site and allows you to create a truly unique and customized website.
- Customer Support: Divi offers 24/7 customer support.
It’s important to also consider what others have to say about it. Customer reviews can be one of the best ways to evaluate a product or service. Here are some customer reviews of Divi from independent review sites:
Divi boasts over 800,000 active customers.
On Trustpilot, Divi has a 4.9-star rating out of 5 stars from over 20,000 reviews. One customer said
This has been my go-to builder plugin (Divi) for more than 4 years now. I’ve tried many others, but this plugin just feels a lot smoother and intuitive than the rest.
On Capterra, Divi has a 4.8-star rating out of 5 stars from over 900 reviews. Here is a review from one customer,
The truth is that with Divi Builder, you can easily make a masterpiece. It has a unique design and simplicity that easily achieves harmony and a popular look.
On G2, Divi has a 4.7-star rating out of 5 stars from over 80 customers. One customer said,
The Divi theme is the best page builder available on WordPress. Not only that, they are constantly working to improve and enhance Divi and to keep up with the changing landscape of WordPress.
On Reviews.io, Divi has a 4.9-star rating out of 5 stars from over 170 reviews. Here is on customer’s review statement,
Elegant Themes are awesome. Not only is their builder amazing, but they’ve also got a ton of templates if you wish to use them, but most of all, the biggest reason for a clear 5-star review is their support.
Divi’s customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with customers praising the plugin’s ease of use, flexibility, and top-notch customer support.
Currently, there are two pricing options for Divi: Yearly access and lifetime access.
The Yearly Access plan costs $89 per year and includes access to all themes and plugins, product updates, premium support, unlimited website usage, and the Divi Builder. This plan is perfect for those who want to test the waters and try Divi for a year.
The Lifetime Access plan is a one-time payment of $249 that includes all the features of the Yearly Access plan. Still, the lifetime plan offers lifetime updates, lifetime premium support, and lifetime access to all Elegant Themes products, including Divi, Extra, Bloom, and Monarch.
Both pricing options provide access to the same features and tools, so it depends on how long you plan to use Divi. If you plan to use it for an extended period, the lifetime plan is an excellent investment, and you’ll never have to worry about recurring payments.
However, if you only need it for a year, the yearly plan is more suitable.
Divi’s pricing is very reasonable and provides excellent value for the number of features and tools available. Plus, Elegant Themes offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for anyone who decides Divi isn’t the right fit for them.
Divi Review: The Downsides of the Divi Page Builder
It would be unfair to complete this review without addressing the potential downsides of the Divi page builder. While Divi has many advantages and features that make it an exceptional choice for website design, it is not without its limitations.
In this section, we will explore some of the potential drawbacks of using Divi so that you can make an informed decision about whether it is the right tool for your needs.
One of the biggest downsides is that Divi can be quite heavy and slow to load, especially if you have a lot of customizations and plugins installed. This can negatively impact the user experience and potentially hurt your website’s search engine ranking.
Another downside is that while Divi provides a lot of design flexibility, it can also lead to inconsistency in design and layout if not used properly. This can make it challenging to maintain a cohesive and professional-looking website.
Additionally, some users have reported difficulties with integrating third-party plugins with Divi, and some plugins may not work seamlessly with the page builder. This can limit the functionality of your website and require additional customization work.
Finally, while Divi’s customer support is generally well-regarded, some users have reported slow response times or difficulty getting their issues resolved in a timely manner.
Overall, while Divi is a powerful and feature-rich page builder, it may not be the best fit for every website and user.
It’s important to carefully consider these downsides and evaluate whether they will be a significant issue for your website before committing to Divi.
Final Verdict on Divi Review: Is It Worth Your Money and Time?
After taking an in-depth look at Divi page builder, its features, pros, and cons, it’s time to answer the ultimate question: is it worth your money and time?
The answer is yes. Divi is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and user-friendly page builders available on the market. Its drag-and-drop interface, visual editing, and vast library of pre-made layouts make it an excellent choice for beginners and experts alike. The ability to customize every aspect of your website with ease is a major plus.
Another great feature of Divi is the constant updates and improvements by the developers, ensuring that it stays up-to-date with the latest design trends and WordPress updates. Moreover, the customer support team at Elegant Themes is top-notch and always ready to assist you with any issues or questions.
However, there are some downsides to Divi, including a learning curve, slow loading times, and a lack of control over certain design elements. Additionally, the pricing model might be a bit steep for some users, especially those just starting.
Divi is a great investment for anyone looking to create a professional-looking website with ease. With its powerful features, flexibility, and excellent support, it’s definitely worth your money and time.
Build your fully functional professional Website with real-time visual editing, no need to preview on the next tab.
Check out the review of Divi’s contender Elementor page builder.
Want to compare Divi to its alternative?:
Check out: Elementor vs Divi