As a seasoned WordPress user and web designer, I’ve had the pleasure of working with many page builders over the years. However, few have impressed me as much as Elementor. Having used it extensively in my work, I can confidently say that I know the ins and outs of this page builder and what it can do.
That’s why I’m excited to share my comprehensive review of Elementor with you today. In this post, I’ll be sharing my honest opinion on this powerful WordPress page builder, covering everything from its ease of use to its features, pricing, downside, and more.
But first, let me give you a little bit of background on why I’m writing this review. Elementor is widely considered to be one of the best WordPress page builders on the market today, and we even included it in our comprehensive article on the best WordPress page builders.
Let’s dive into my Elementor review and find out if it’s the right page builder for your next web project.
Elementor Review: What Makes It Stand Out?
When choosing a page builder for your WordPress website, there are a lot of factors to consider: a user-friendly interface, professionally designed templates, integration with popular plugins, loading speed, responsiveness, update and maintenance features, customer reviews, and pricing to determine what sets this page builder apart from the competition.
We’ll examine the Elementor page builder based on these criteria.
User-Friendly Interface and Intuitive Design
Elementor’s user-friendly interface and intuitive design make it easy for both beginners and experienced users to create professional-looking pages. Here are some of the key features:
- Sidebar with widgets: Elementor’s sidebar with widgets makes it easy to drag and drop elements onto your page. These widgets are essential building blocks that allow you to design your web page without writing code. Read our full list of Elementor widgets and their functions.
- Preview button: With the preview button, you can quickly see how your page will look when published.
- Buttons to insert a new container or import templates: Elementor has buttons to insert new sections or import templates, making it easy to get started with your page design.
- Copy and paste option: The copy and paste option lets you quickly duplicate elements or sections of your page.
- Navigation panel: The navigation panel is intuitive and easy to use, with options for customizing your page layout.
Elementor’s user-friendly interface and intuitive design make it a great choice for anyone looking to create professional-looking pages without needing to have extensive technical knowledge.
Ready-to-Use, Professionally Designed Templates
One of the standout features of Elementor is its library of over 100 premium templates. These templates are professionally designed and come in a wide range of categories, ensuring that there’s something for every niche.
Here are some of the categories you’ll find in the Elementor template library:
- Beauty and hair
- Business and services
- Event and entertainment
- Food and drink
- Health and wellness
- Music and bands
- Portfolio and CV
- Retail and stores
- Sport and fitness
- Travel and tourism
Whether you’re creating a personal blog, an online store, or a business website, the Elementor template library has you covered. And if you can’t find the perfect template, you can always customize an existing one to fit your needs.
Using Elementor’s templates can save you a lot of time and effort when creating a website, which makes it ideal for web agencies to save time and money.
Plus, they’re designed to be mobile-responsive, ensuring that your site looks great on any device.
Elementor’s templates are a great resource for anyone looking to create a professional-looking website quickly and easily.
Your WordPress site deserves a better host
Integration With Other Popular Plugins
The integration of a page builder with other plugins and tools is crucial for seamless website building. Elementor provides easy integration with various marketing tools, WordPress plugins, social networks, and other online tools.
This flexibility makes Elementor a popular choice among professional web developers.
Here are some of the plugins and tools with which Elementor can be integrated:
- Marketing Tools: Elementor can be integrated with popular marketing tools like Zapier, HubSpot, MailChimp, and AWeber. This integration ensures that your website is in sync with your marketing strategies.
- WordPress Plugins: The integration of Elementor with WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce, Yoast, and Rank Math adds value to your website by enhancing its features.
- Social Networks: The integration of Elementor with popular social networks like Facebook SDK, YouTube, and Google Maps helps you connect with your audience on multiple platforms.
- Other Helpful Tools: With Elementor, you can also integrate helpful tools like Adobe Fonts, Font Awesome, and reCAPTCHA.
Besides, there are several 3rd party integrations developed by web developers worldwide, which demonstrate the popularity and usefulness of Elementor.
Elementor’s easy integration with popular plugins and tools and 3rd party integration is a significant advantage that sets it apart from other page builders.
Loading Speed and Performance
As website performance is now an important factor in Google’s ranking algorithm, it’s crucial to ensure that your website is optimized for speed. Elementor offers several strategies for optimizing website speed and performance, including:
- Load Only What You Need: Elementor ensures that only the necessary functionalities are loaded on each page, improving front-end performance and speeding up each page.
- Optimize Backend and Rendering Processes: Elementor creates a cache of all elements with dynamic values, improving server-side rendering times and resulting in noticeable improvements.
- Slimmer and Better Code Output: Elementor generates a slimmed-down code output to reduce the size of the DOM and improve website performance.
Elementor’s approach to website loading speed and performance is focused on reducing unnecessary code, optimizing existing code, and leveraging native browser support.
By implementing these strategies, Elementor helps website owners improve their website’s performance and user experience.
In today’s digital age, having a website that looks great and functions well on all devices is crucial. That’s why Elementor provides a range of features that allow you to design responsive web pages that look amazing on every screen size.
With over 58% of website traffic coming from mobile devices, optimizing your website for responsiveness is more important than ever.
Elementor makes it easy to create responsive designs using a variety of approaches, including:
- Additional breakpoints: Breakpoints allow you to modify your design for any device, guaranteeing that it will look perfect on any size screen.
- Custom breakpoints: You can control each breakpoint value individually with Elementor, giving you the freedom to adjust them to meet your unique requirements.
- Visible responsive values: You can see how values change from one device to another so that you can visualize how your design will appear on various screens.
- Even the movement of each component can be changed to keep everything in sync across all platforms.
With Elementor, you don’t need to write a single line of code to create responsive designs that look amazing on all devices.
Whether you’re designing for desktop, tablet, or mobile, Elementor provides the tools you need to create a stunning and responsive website.
Keeping your website up-to-date and well-maintained is crucial for ensuring its smooth functioning, security, and user experience.
Elementor provides regular updates to ensure that your website remains stable, secure, and up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
Elementor has come a long way since its initial release in 2016. With over 200 updates, it has fixed bugs, tweaked existing features, and introduced new ones to make website building even easier.
The latest update, Elementor 3.12.1, was released on April 2, 2023, and focused on resolving issues like transparent default background colors in popups and a dropdown area not closing when hovering outside the content area in the Menu widget.
On March 29, 2023, Elementor 3.12.0 was released with some exciting new features, such as the introduction of Mega Menu using the new Menu widget. Additionally, website builders can now diversify their designs with a Loop Alternate template, allowing them to apply another template within their Loop Grid for design creativity.
It’s clear that Elementor is dedicated to providing its users with the best website-building experience possible, continually improving its platform with regular updates and new features.
As a user, you can rest assured that Elementor is committed to keeping its platform up-to-date and providing you with the tools you need to create stunning websites.
Build Your fully functional Professional Website without writing a single line of code with Elementor Pro
Other Important Features You Need to Know
In addition to the features mentioned earlier, there are some other important features of Elementor that you need to know:
- Theme Builder: With the Theme Builder, you can create custom headers, footers, single post templates, archive pages, and 404 pages without having to rely on your theme’s limited options.
- Pop-up Builder: Elementor’s Pop-up Builder allows you to create pop-ups and integrate them with your email marketing service or CRM.
- Global Widget: With Global Widget, you can save any widget as a global widget and use it across your entire website. If you make changes to the global widget, it will be updated everywhere it’s used.
- Revision History: Elementor has a revision history feature that allows you to retrace your work when you undo or redo an action.
- Custom CSS: You can add custom CSS to any Elementor widget or section without having to touch your theme’s code.
- Custom Fonts: Elementor allows you to upload your own custom fonts and use them on your website.
- Custom Icons: You can upload your own SVG icons and use them in any Elementor widget.
- WooCommerce Builder: If you’re using WooCommerce, Elementor has a WooCommerce Builder that allows you to customize your product pages, checkout pages, and other WooCommerce-related pages.
- Role Manager: The Role Manager allows you to control which user roles can access Elementor and which specific features they can use.
- Site Settings: Elementor allows you to set global site settings such as site identity, typography, and colors, all from within the editor. This makes it easy to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout your website.
- Save as Default: With Elementor, you can set any element as the default style for all future instances of that element, making it easy to maintain consistency throughout your website.
- Dark Mode: Elementor has a built-in dark mode feature that can be toggled on or off. This feature makes it easy to work on your website at night or in low-light conditions.
- Finder: This feature makes it easy to search for and find pages within the Elementor editor. It’s a time-saving feature that comes in handy when you’re working on complex designs.
- Notes: Elementor’s notes feature lets you add notes to any page or section within your website. This is useful for collaborating with team members or keeping track of design decisions.
- Auto Save: Elementor automatically saves your work as you go, so you never have to worry about losing progress if your browser crashes or your computer shuts down unexpectedly.
- Import and Export: Elementor makes it easy to import and export your designs and templates. This is useful if you’re working on multiple websites or collaborating with other designers.
- Form Builder: Elementor has a powerful form builder that allows you to create custom forms with ease. You can add fields, configure notifications, and even integrate with third-party services like Mailchimp and ConvertKit.
- Maintenance Mode: This feature allows you to put your website into maintenance mode while you work on updates or redesigns. You can customize the maintenance page with your own logo, text, and design.
Don’t just take our word for it; let’s take a look at what other users have to say about Elementor.
Elementor has an impressive track record with over 5 million active installations in the WordPress repository alone, boasting a 4.7-star rating out of 5 stars from over 6,000 customer reviews.
On Trustpilot, Elementor has received 3.8 stars out of 5 stars from over 600 reviews, while on G2 Crowd, Elementor has received 4.6 stars out of 5 stars from over 200 reviews.
On TrustRadius, Elementor scored an impressive 8.7 out of 10 from over 90 reviews. Additionally, on Capterra, the Elementor plugin scores 4.7 stars out of 5 from over 700 reviews.
In these reviews, customers have praised Elementor for its user-friendliness, responsiveness, and easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.
One customer pointed out that
Elementor serves as their primary website page-building tool, reducing their time producing web pages and allowing non-code-savvy team members to update and manage pages.
Another customer stated that
They love how they can manage responsiveness, while another customer highlighted the vast selection of templates available and the ease of editing them from the drag-and-drop interface.
Another customer called Elementor “the best tool to design and publish your blogs and webpages” due to its ease of use and abundance of designs and elements.
Elementor’s positive customer reviews highlight its user-friendliness, vast selection of templates and elements, and ease of editing web pages and landing pages with its drag-and-drop interface.
It is clear that many users find Elementor to be a valuable tool in their website design and development process.
Elementor is a freemium page builder plugin; it offers a free version that allows users to create WordPress sites.
The free version of Elementor provides users with basic features, but those looking for more advanced functionality can upgrade to the premium version, Elementor Pro.
With Elementor Pro, users gain access to over 100 basic and pro widgets, 300+ templates, and advanced features such as a theme builder, a WooCommerce store builder, a landing page builder, a pop-up builder, a form builder, and marketing tools.
Additionally, users of Elementor Pro receive premium support to ensure any issues are promptly resolved.
There are four pricing plans for Elementor Pro.
- The Essential Plan costs $59 per year and allows users to create one website.
- The Advanced Plan, which costs $99 per year and can be used for up to three websites,
- The Expert Plan costs $199 per year and can be used for up to 25 websites.
- Lastly, the Agency Plan is available for $399 per year and can be used for up to 1000 websites.
Elementor Pro offers an affordable solution for those looking to enhance their WordPress site with advanced features and functionality.
The different pricing plans allow users to choose the one that best fits their needs, and the premium support ensures any issues are addressed quickly and efficiently.
Elementor Review: The Downsides of the Elementor Page Builder
It is important to be transparent about the downsides of any product, and Elementor is no exception. However, despite these downsides, Elementor is still one of the most popular and powerful page builders on the market.
- Regarding customer support, while some users have reported slow response times, it’s important to note that Elementor does offer premium support with their paid plans. Additionally, there is a large and active community of Elementor users who are always happy to help out and share their knowledge.
- As for the concern about the page builder slowing down websites, this is a common issue with many page builders and can be mitigated by optimizing images and minimizing the use of heavy widgets. Furthermore, Elementor is constantly updating and improving its product, which includes addressing issues related to speed and performance.
- Finally, while compatibility issues can occur with any software, Elementor is known for being compatible with a wide range of plugins and themes. It’s always a good idea to check for compatibility before adding a new plugin or theme to your website, but in general, Elementor is a reliable and stable platform.
In summary, while Elementor has its downsides like any other software, it remains a top choice for WordPress users who want a powerful and flexible page builder.
With its vast array of features, intuitive drag-and-drop interface, and affordable pricing plans, Elementor is an excellent choice for anyone looking to build a beautiful and functional website.
Final Verdict on Elementor Review: Should You Choose it for Your Next Web Project?
After reviewing the features, benefits, and downsides of the Elementor Page Builder, we can confidently say that it is one of the best website builders available for WordPress users.
The free version alone offers a great deal of functionality and flexibility for creating beautiful and functional websites, and the paid plans offer even more advanced features and premium support.
The drag-and-drop interface is intuitive and easy to use, making it accessible to users of all skill levels. The extensive library of templates and widgets allows you to customize your website to your liking without having to start from scratch.
The compatibility with other plugins and themes is generally good, although it does have its downsides, such as slow customer support and website speed issues, which can be mitigated by using Elementor’s lightweight Hello theme and optimizing your website for speed. And occasional issues with customer support, but overall, it is a solid choice for building websites.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced web designer, Elementor has something to offer.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use website builder for your WordPress site, we recommend giving Elementor a try.
Build Your fully functional Professional Website without writing a single line of code with Elementor Pro
With its user-friendly interface, extensive library of templates and widgets, and affordable pricing plans, Elementor is an excellent choice for your next web project.
Want to compare Elementor to its alternative?
Check out: Elementor vs Divi