In today’s digital landscape, a visually appealing, user-friendly, and mobile-friendly website is crucial for businesses, bloggers, and content creators.
However, not everyone has the coding skills to create professional websites with these features.
This is where WordPress page builders come in. WordPress page builders are plugins that provide a visual interface for designing web pages without writing code.
They are usually drag-and-drop and come with pre-made templates and design elements for easy page building.
In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of WordPress page builders, identify the best ones, and provide tips on how to use them effectively.
Pros of a WordPress Page Builder
Here are the advantages of using a WordPress page builder:
- Easy-to-Use: One of the main advantages of using a WordPress page builder is its user-friendly interface. Most page builders offer drag-and-drop functionality, allowing users to simply drag and drop elements onto the page, customize them, and see the changes in real-time. This makes it easy for beginners and non-technical users to create professional-looking web pages without any coding knowledge.
- Customization Options: WordPress page builders come with a wide range of pre-designed templates, layouts, and design elements that can be customized to match the unique branding and style of a website. This allows website owners to create visually stunning websites that are tailored to their specific needs and preferences. Page builders also offer advanced customization options such as font styles, color schemes, spacing, and animations, giving users complete creative control over their website design.
- Time-saving: With a WordPress page builder, website owners can create web pages quickly and efficiently. The drag-and-drop functionality and pre-designed templates save time that would otherwise be spent on coding or designing from scratch. Page builders also allow for easy duplication of elements, sections, or entire pages, which can save time when building multiple pages with similar design elements. This is one of the reasons why web design agencies use this tool.
- Responsive Design: Most modern WordPress page builders come with built-in responsive design features, ensuring that web pages created with the builder are automatically optimized for different screen sizes and devices, such as desktops, tablets, and mobile phones. This helps to create a consistent and seamless user experience across all devices without the need for additional coding or design adjustments.
- Flexibility and Scalability: WordPress page builders offer flexibility and scalability, allowing website owners to easily make changes, add new elements or sections, and update the design of their web pages as needed. This makes it simple to adapt a website to changing business needs, marketing strategies, or design trends without the need for extensive coding or development work.
- Cost-effective: Using a WordPress page builder can be cost-effective compared to hiring a professional web designer or developer. Page builders eliminate the need for custom coding, which can be expensive, and allow website owners to create and update their web pages in-house, saving on ongoing design and development costs.
Cons of a WordPress Page Builder
Here are the downsides of a WordPress page builder that you should expect.
- Learning Curve: While WordPress page builders are designed to be user-friendly, there may still be a learning curve for users who are new to website design or have limited technical skills. Some page builders may have complex features or settings that may require time and effort to understand and master.
- Page Builder Lock-In: Another potential downside of using a WordPress page builder is the possibility of lock-in. Some page builders use proprietary code or features that may not be compatible with other themes or page builders. This means that if you decide to switch to a different page builder or theme in the future, you may need to rebuild your web pages from scratch, resulting in additional time and effort.
- Compatibility Issues: WordPress page builders may not always be compatible with all themes, plugins, or other third-party tools. This can result in conflicts or compatibility issues that may require troubleshooting and additional technical expertise to resolve. It’s important to thoroughly test the compatibility of a page builder with other elements of a website to avoid any potential issues.
It’s important to carefully consider these factors and weigh them against the benefits before choosing a WordPress page builder for your website’s design needs.
Your WordPress site deserves a better host
What are the Best WordPress Page Builders?
When searching for a page builder to use on your WordPress website, it’s crucial to prioritize factors such as intuitiveness, user-friendliness, availability of pre-made templates, extensive integration with other plugins, and responsiveness. Elementor and Divi, two of the leading page builders on the market excel in these areas.
- Elementor: This is one of the most popular and widely used page builders for WordPress. It offers a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, responsive design options, and a wide array of widgets both in the free and pro versions.
- Divi Builder: The Divi Builder is integrated into the Divi theme, which is known for its powerful and versatile features. It provides a simple drag-and-drop interface that allows users to create visually appealing designs for their websites.
- Beaver Builder: Beaver Builder is another popular WordPress page builder that offers a simple and intuitive interface. It provides various customization options and allows users to create responsive web pages.
- SeedProd: SeedProd is a drag-and-drop page builder that comes with a plethora of templates and themes to help users get their websites up and running quickly. It includes over 80 pro blocks that allow users to create dynamic content for their websites.
Build Your fully functional Professional Website without writing a single line of code with Elementor Pro
Other worthy mentions in the WordPress page builder space include Visual Composer, Brizy, and WP Page Builder, which also offer a range of features and customization options for creating stunning websites without the need for coding expertise.
Build your fully functional professional Website with real-time visual editing, no need to preview on the next tab.
Read the complete list and their features for the best WordPress page builders to choose from.
How to Use the WordPress Page Builder
- Choose and Install a WordPress Page Builder: To start using a WordPress page builder, you’ll need to select the page builder of your choice and install it on your WordPress website. If the page builder is available in the WordPress plugin directory, you can easily install it from there. Alternatively, if you have purchased and downloaded the page builder, you can install it by uploading the zip file to your WordPress website. You can do this by navigating to Plugins > Add New in the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Create a New Page: Once the page builder is installed, create a new page in WordPress. You can do this by navigating to Pages > Add New in the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Launch the Page Builder: After creating a new page, launch the page builder by clicking on the “Edit with [Page Builder Name]” button. This will open the page builder interface, where you can start designing your page.
- Drag and Drop Elements: Most page builders use a drag-and-drop interface, allowing you to add elements to your page by simply dragging and dropping them onto the canvas. These elements can include text blocks, images, videos, buttons, forms, and more.
- Customize the Elements: Once you’ve added an element to your page, you can customize it using the options provided by the page builder. This can include changing the text, adjusting the colors, modifying the layout, and adding animations or effects.
- Preview and Save Your Work: After designing your page, you can preview how it will look on the front end of your website. If you’re satisfied with the design, you can save your work by clicking on the “Save” or “Publish” button in the page builder interface.
- Edit and Update Your Pages: With a WordPress page builder, you can easily edit and update your pages at any time. Simply go back to the page builder interface, make the necessary changes, and save or publish your updates.
- Explore Advanced Features: Many WordPress page builders also offer advanced features such as templates, global settings, custom CSS, and more. Take the time to explore these features to further enhance your website’s design and functionality.
Real-World Examples of Stunning Websites Built with WordPress Page Builders
Here are some real-life examples of websites built with the WordPress page builder:
- Re-Learn Digital: This is a course website built using Elementor Pro.
- Jason Blackeye: This is a portfolio website built using Elementor Pro.
- From Forest to Home: This website was built using Elementor Pro, showcasing the versatility of the page builder in creating an engaging website for a sustainable furniture brand.
- Buy from Tasmania: This website was built using Divi.
- 9 AM Cinematography: This website was also built using Divi.
- Full Steam: This website was built with Beaver Builder.
Conclusion: Build your website without writing any code.
WordPress page builders are powerful tools that allow users to create visually stunning websites without writing any code.
With features such as drag-and-drop editing, pre-made templates, and integration with other plugins, page builders offer a user-friendly and accessible solution for website design.
By leveraging the capabilities of page builders, users can unleash their creativity and build professional websites with ease, regardless of their coding expertise.
We hope this article has provided a comprehensive overview of WordPress page builders and their capabilities.